TMB Sponsors the International Biennial of Congo
18.10.2019, Kinshasa, DRC – TMB is the official sponsor of the “International Biennial of Congo” held in Kinshasa, from 19 October to 21 November, at five different locations: Kin art studio at Utexafrica, Academy of Fine Arts, Espace Texaf Bilembo, a public space in Bandal, and the Institut Français.
Several activities are planned, including a launch event, followed by openings at each of the five host sites, exhibitions on the theme ‘Young Congo Biennial’, events, workshops, conferences, and meetings with artists and curators.
Please find below the key dates of the event:
– 19 October: launch event, official inauguration of the Biennial and the Young Congo Biennial main exhibition at Kin Art Studio, Utexafrica, Kinshasa. Opening of the international exhibition, visits to and exchanges on the exhibiting projects.
– 20 October: official opening of the Biennial and the Young Congo Biennial exhibition at Kin Art Studio, Utexafrica, Kinshasa.
– 23 October: opening at the Academy of Fine Arts.
– 24 October: opening at Espace Texaf Bilembo.
– 25 October: opening at the Bandal Public Space.
– 9 November: opening at the Institut Français.
– 21 to 25 October: Congo Biennial conversation series – stimulating roundtables on topics related to the African and world scene of contemporary art.
– 20 and 21 November: visits to and exchanges on the exhibiting projects.
– 26 October to 20 December: educational programme for children and students, in partnership with Kinshasa schools and institutes of higher education.
– 21 November: closing of the biennial.
TMB, notre banque pour la vie